Springtime in Douglasville means festivals and events, and this weekend the Cultural Arts Council of Douglasville/Douglas County is proud to present the Taste of Douglasville, sure to be one of the season’s largest. The event will be filled with live music, local vendors and artists, and of course food from local restaurants and eateries. More than 75+ vendors will be on hand to showcase their trade. There will also be a culinary demonstration at the conference center. The event begins at 11am this Saturday May 16 and runs till 5pm. Here’s some of the highlights of what you can expect at the festival from the Cultural Arts Council:
– A sample of area restaurants and downtown favorites
– local performances on two stages
– kids area and activity zone for the young ones
– A special event at the conference center. A culinary demonstration by local caterer Proof of the Pudding. This event has a $5 admission fee, and the event is at 2pm.
– local area civic leaders will be on hand for you to ask questions and learn about civic engagement.
– Area artists and craftsman showcasing their work.
– Stay after the festival for a live performance by local Atlanta area rock group The Geeks. This runs from 7pm-9pm.
The event promises to be a great one with high turnout expected. Unlike last year where you needed tickets, this year will be a strictly cash or credit at the vendor booth operation. Several ATMs will be available near the site, but as mentioned some vendors will take cards. There will be plenty of chairs and tables to sit and enjoy the food and take in the sights and sounds of the festival. Parking will be available at the new conference center deck as well as the spots around the downtown area but those will fill up first. Church St is expected to be blocked off at some points so plan accordingly. At this time all booths for the events have been booked for the festival, but if you are a vendor reading this fear not. We do this again in fall with the annual Chili Cook Off, and we will provide the registration for that festival when it is announced. The Douglasville Menu will be covering the event this weekend, so look for Joe!
For admission to the culinary demonstration by Proof of the Pudding at the Conference Center, scroll to the bottom of this link: Taste of Douglasville
As always keep up with other events sponsored by the Cultural Arts Council on their webpage: Cultural Arts Council of Douglasville/Douglas Co.