The Newnan Cultural Arts Commission is excited to recharge the city of Newnan through its latter half of 2021 calendar of events. Celebrating the town’s long history of art and culture, the NCAC has a great lineup featuring music, dance, theatre, and more. There are three different categories of events highlighting the calendar this year:
- A.R.T. Facebook – Art Recharges our Town (A.R.T.) Facebook is a virtual event that was started just this year by the NCAC for people to engage with people online virtually and serving as a reminder that art can bring life back to a town. Each event begins by introducing a commission member to the community and then features some sort of local artist, author, musician, or other performer. These are archived on the NCAC’s Facebook page for people to go back and watch all the way back to January 2021.
- Summer Music Series at Greenville Park – Originally only taking place two months out of the year, but through a sponsorship by Cancer Treatment Centers of America, the event has been expanded to four months for 2021. This year the series features local jazz artists who are introduced to the community through the A.R.T. Facebook series. The event was first established in 2016 by Evette Jones who continues to serve on the NCAC commission and spearhead the event each year. The Summer Music Series is a free family event featuring food trucks, music, and more.
- Southern Arc Dance Theatre – A professional dance company has been born in Newnan out of the minds of world-renowned dancers Paulo MansoDeSousa and Will Slay. While Southern Arc has a children’s school, their performances feature dancers of all ages from Georgia and around the world. Southern Arc looks forward to performing globally in the near future, bringing exposure to the wonderful city of Newnan.
You can find NCAC’s calendar of events for the remainder of 2021 below. Click on an event to learn more about the event and artist(s) featured.
- Saturday, July 10 – A.R.T. Facebook Virtual Spotlight featuring Jazz musician Stanyos Young, NCAC Facebook Page
- Saturday, July 24, 7:30 p.m.– Summer Music Series: Jazz In the Park featuring Jazz musician Stanyos Young, Greenville Park
- Saturday, August 14 – A.R.T. Facebook Virtual Spotlight featuring the the Atlanta Jazz Players, NCAC Facebook Page
- Friday, August 20, 7:30 p.m. – Summer Music Series: Jazz in the Park featuring the Atlanta Jazz Players, Greenville Park
- Saturday, September 11 – A.R.T. Facebook Virtual Spotlight, NCAC Facebook Page
- Saturday, September 11, 7:30 p.m. – Summer Music Series: Jazz in the Park, Greenville Park
- Saturday, October 9 – A.R.T. Facebook Virtual Event featuring Newnan Shakes, NCAC Facebook Page
- Friday, October 22 & Saturday, October 23, 7:30 p.m. – Southern Arc Dance presents Dracula at the Wadsworth Auditorium
- Saturday, November 13 – A.R.T. Facebook Virtual Event featuring author Angela McRae, NCAC Facebook Page
- Friday, December 10, 7:30 p.m. & Saturday, December 11, 3:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. – Southern Arc Dance presents The Nutcracker at the Wadsworth Auditorium
- Saturday, December 11 – A.R.T. Facebook Virtual Event featuring Angelo / Paulo MansoDeSousa, NCAC Facebook Page