Georgia Crowdfunding Association, Richards College of Business at the University of West Georgia, and Carroll Tomorrow To Host the Inaugural CrowdWest Conference on October 12th
“Georgians Helping Georgians”- A one day event to discuss ideas for creating new alternative financing options for businesses and investors to create jobs for strengthening Georgia’s local communities.
October 12th at The Coliseum-the University of West Georgia
(Press Release) Carrollton, GA – (September 19th, 2013) – Carrollton native Gene Wright will be bringing more than fifty investors and crowdfunding experts to Carrollton to share their knowledge and expertise on alternative funding solutions to help Georgia businesses get better access to capital in today’s economy and beyond. Wright, founder of the Georgia Crowdfunding Association and Founder and Managing Partner of Northstar Consulting, is known throughout the Georgia business community as a top advisor to entrepreneurs, business owners, CEOs, and investors.
In collaboration with the Georgia Crowdfunding Association, Richards College of Business at the University of West Georgia, and Carroll Tomorrow, CrowdWest will provide Georgia-based businesses, students, entrepreneurs, investors, faith-based organizations, and non-profits an event-filled day to learn how to “grow and prosper” utilizing non-traditional funding options to “democratize” capital for their business, organization, or cause.
Georgia is one of only two states in the US that currently allow equity crowdfunding. Businesses registered and located in Georgia can raise up to $1 million annually from Georgia residents in intrastate transactions.
Co-sponsors and Partners supporting the event include:
• The Burson Center (www.carrolltomorrow.com/bursoncenter/), located in Carrollton, Georgia, is a business resource center and the region’s renowned business incubator, having just completed its 7th year anniversary. Its goal is to build regional knowledge ecosystems alongside Carroll Tomorrow – a unique countywide public-private economic development organization that prepares for and promotes quality growth in Carroll County.
• The University of West Georgia-Richards College of Business. The University of West Georgia’s Richards College of Business is located in Carrollton, Georgia, and houses several important university programs, including the Small Business Development Center, the Center for Economic Research, and the Center for Economic Education. It is dedicated to preparing leaders who are able to make sound business decisions, participate actively in global economies, respond to technological changes, communicate effectively, and affirm a core array of values and ethical practices. The university engages nearly 12,000 students at its main campus, UWG Newnan, and online.
• The Georgia Crowdfunding Association, whose mission is to advocate, educate, and develop an ecosystem of businesses, investors, local communities, professional service providers, and students to create a new framework for social investing in Georgia.
• Northstar Consulting Services, LLC , an Atlanta business consultancy focused on helping high growth clients develop business strategy and achieve operational and organizational excellence to achieve capital strategies to execute growth plans.
• Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) has emerged as a world-class membership organization and an engine for economic development for the state of Georgia. TAG’s mission is to educate, promote, influence, and unite Georgia’s technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances Georgia’s tech-based economy.
Featured speakers/presenters include Lara O’Connor Hodgson, founder and CEO of NOWaccount Management, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB), a non-profit organization focused on advancing marketplace trust and consisting of 113 independently incorporated local BBB organizations in the United States and Canada, coordinated under the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB) in Washington, D.C.
Event details are available at www.crowdwest.org.
What: CrowdWest Conference
When: Saturday, October 12th, 2013 (9:00 AM-8:00PM)
Where: The Coliseum at the University of West Georgia
Why: To educate and enable small business owners, students, entrepreneurs, professional service providers, non-profits, faith-based organizations, colleges/universities, community organizations, and investors to use non-traditional funding options.
Engagement: We welcome your participation in this inaugural conference in Carrollton, GA. Register at www.crowdwest.org.