Want to see some great local art? The Courthouse Art Gallery has you covered!
****DOUGLAS COUNTY COURTHOUSE ART GALLERY ANNOUNCES THEMES FOR THE 2016 CITIZEN EXHIBITS****
The Douglas County Courthouse Art Gallery is celebrating its 12th season, and is proud to announce the exhibits that will be on display featuring the talents of Douglas County citizens. Exhibits of students are featured from January – May of each year, and the gallery features local talent the rest of the year.
- June: “America, the Beautiful!” to accompany the Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, May 31st, 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- On view through June 30th
- July: “Celebrate Abilities”, the art of Special Olympians
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, July 5th, 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- On view through July 28
- August: “Artist’s Choice”
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, August 2nd, 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- On view through September 1st
- September: “Dreams”
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, September 6th, 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- On view through September 29th
- October: “Gardens”
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, October 4th, 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- On view through October 27th
- November: “Holiday Wreaths” to accompany the Festival of Trees
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, November 1st, 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- On view through November 30th
- December: “Stories” – submittals accompanied by the story behind the creation/idea of the piece
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, December 6th, 4:30 – 6 p.m.
- On view through January 5th
The Courthouse Art Gallery exists to showcase the talents of Douglas County residents through exhibitions of the visual arts: original art, photography, sculpture, mixed media, collectibles and memorabilia. The purpose of the Gallery is to exhibit works of art in a venue in which all residents will feel comfortable and welcome. Exhibits chosen for the Gallery represent all levels of art expertise, and encourage less experienced artists to continue in their craft so that their art goals may be realized in the future, as well as giving experienced local artists a venue to display their work.
Artists may submit 1 – 3 pieces for each exhibit. Work is juried only in relation to the exhibit theme.
The Courthouse Art Gallery is located on the third floor of the Douglas County Courthouse at 8700 Hospital Drive. The Gallery is a program of the Douglas County Board of Commissioners through its Department of Communications and Community Relations. Exhibit themes are selected by a committee of artists who volunteer their talents and services. The Gallery is open any time the Courthouse is open, and has free admission. There is no charge to artists to display.