The City of Newnan is now accepting applications for the upcoming 2021 Newnan Citizen Academy class. The deadline to register is Monday, July 26, 2021.
The 2021 program will consist of a series of classes that will allow citizens to be educated and informed about all aspects of city government in Newnan. The program will be an intensive, hands-on,12-course program on how the city’s departments operate from August 17 to December 7, 2021. Classes are held from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
Throughout the Academy, participants will be able to do the following:
· Meet the city’s elected officials and administration
· Attend a Newnan City Council meeting
· Take a look into citywide revitalization and development through Main Street Newnan
· Meet the city’s Public Safety officials to learn about Police and Fire Operations
· Learn how Keep Newnan Beautiful and Public Works are keeping neighborhoods and the city clean
· Learn about rezoning classifications in your neighborhood
The Academy is free and open to anyone who is a resident or business owner within the City of Newnan. For anyone interested in participating and would like to learn more about the program and register for the 2021 Academy, visit the following link to register: http://www.cityofnewnan.org/residents/newnan_citizen_academy.php