The public is invited to join the City of LaGrange for its litter cleanup in the Hillside community, Saturday, October 7th, 8:00-10:00 a.m. The group will meet in the Health Department parking lot, 900 Dallis Street. This month’s community partner is DASH.
The public is invited to participate in these events to help in leaving LaGrange better than we found it. DASH will provide free coffee and donuts for this event.
City Manager Meg Kelsey wanted to send a message to the community that the City of LaGrange is serious about cleaning up litter and rolled out the city’s litter campaign, “Leaving LaGrange Better Than We Found It” in April 2018. The City of LaGrange closed nonessential business & hundreds of employees picked up trash throughout the community. It was so successful with employees and the community that the city decided to hold monthly litter cleanups.
The City of LaGrange will be hosting the following litter cleanups in 2023-2024:
- Saturday, October 7th, 8:00-10:00 a.m., Hillside Neighborhood, Health Department parking lot, 900 Dallis Street (Community Partner DASH – donuts and coffee served)
- Saturday, November 4th, 8:00-10:00 a.m. Berta Weathersbee Elementary School, 1200 Forrest Avenue (Community Partners City Light Church and Bagdad Temple 104 in LaGrange)
- Saturday, December 2nd, 8:00-10:00 a.m. St. Mark’s Episcopal Church parking lot, 207 North Greenwood Street. (Community Partner St. Mark’s Episcopal Church)
- Saturday, January 13th, 8:00-10:00 a.m. Jones Street Park, 131 Jones Street. (Community Partner Bell Line Community)
- Saturday, February 3rd, 8:00-10:00 a.m. LaGrange Fire Department Headquarters, 115 Hill Street
- Saturday, March 2nd, 8:00-10:00 a.m., Piggly Wiggly parking lot, 505 South Greenwood Street.
- Friday, April 19th, CITY-WIDE CLEANUP 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. City employees will pick up litter throughout the community.
To participate in these events simply show up. All supplies will be provided.
Any organization wanting to partner with the City of LaGrange on any of these events please contact Parks Director Michael Coniglio at [email protected].
All events are free and open to the public.
Media Contact: Katie Mercer Van Schoor, City of LaGrange Marketing/Communications Manager, [email protected] or (706) 883-2055
To keep up with the latest news involving the City of LaGrange, go to www.lagrangega.org or follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/lagrangegagov, Twitter at @lagrangegagov, & Instagram at instagram.com/cityoflagrangega.