Villa Rica has countless attributes that any city would envy: beautiful surroundings, a quaint historic downtown, rich history, countless recreational opportunities … the list goes on and on. Yet, it lacks one thing that most other cities have – a city flag. And every great city deserves a great flag.
But now you can help make history. The City of Villa Rica is sponsoring a Flag Design Contest! This is your opportunity to create a lasting symbol for the city that captures the history, beauty and uniqueness of our community. The contest is open to City of Villa Rica residents, businesses and organizations, from amateurs to professional graphic designers. Winners will be honored during the Gold Nugget Drop when their flag is unfurled publicly for the first time to ring in the New Year.
Official Contest Rules:
- Only one entry per person or firm.
- Maximum of five colors used in design.
- Entry may be submitted in any art medium, but artists must realize that the winning design has to be turned into a digital picture in order to make a flag. Therefore, designs might be slightly altered in the process.
- The winning design will become the property of the City of Villa Rica.
- Voting will take place on the city’s website as well as in person at Villa Rica City Hall starting in October.
- The three flags with the most votes will be submitted to the Mayor and Council to decide which, if any, flag they want to adopt.
- Submissions must be received by 5 pm on Monday, September 28, 2015.
Entries Must Include:
- Company (if applicable)
- Mailing Address
- Grade Level (if applicable)
- Description of flag design and explanation of design elements.
Entries can be sent electronically to [email protected] or by mail to Villa Rica Flag Contest, c/o Villa Rica City Manager, 571 W. Bankhead Hwy, Villa Rica, GA 30180.