The Villa Rica Garden Club – organized in 1936. After 84 years, the Villa Rica Garden Club will be dissolving their club. The club, organized in 1936, celebrated its 75th Anniversary in 2011. The club’s remaining funds were recently donated to the Villa Rica Cemetery Commission to be used for Hillcrest Cemetery. The Garden Club adopted Hillcrest Cemetery as their main project years ago. Some of those projects include: the fence on the retaining wall on the west side; additional lighting for late funeral services; a “Blue Star” Marker purchased from The Garden Club of Georgia to honor all veterans buried within the cemetery; erected the brick patio for the “Blue Star” Marker; donated outdoor lighting to shine on the flags at night; erected the fencing at the back sign; donated a large bronze plaque on the back sign; repaired graves that had sunk and fallen into disrepair due to age and weather; and provided shrubs and flowers.