The City of LaGrange will host its first litter cleanup of the year for the 2023-2024 litter cleanup campaign TOMORROW Saturday, August 26, 8AM-10AM at Community, Bank & Trust Bank, 2092 West Point Road in LaGrange. This month’s community partner is Community, Bank and Trust.
City Manager Meg Kelsey wanted to send a message to the community that the City of LaGrange is serious about cleaning up litter and rolled out the city’s litter campaign, “Leaving LaGrange Better Than We Found It” in April 2018. The City of LaGrange closed nonessential business & hundreds of employees picked up trash throughout the community. It was so successful with employees and the community that the city decided to hold monthly litter cleanups.
The City of LaGrange will be hosting the following litter cleanups in 2023-2024:
- Saturday, August 26th, 8:00-10:00 a.m. at Community Bank & Trust, 2092 West Point Road in LaGrange. (Community Partner is Community Bank & Trust)
- Saturday, September 16th, 8:00-10:00 a.m. at Moss+Wood Park, meet in the parking lot 118 Brown Street. (Community Partner is Troup-Coweta Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority)
- Saturday, September 23rd, NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY 8:30 a.m.- 1:00 p.m., Holiday Campground, 954 Abbottsford Road. For more info contact Park Ranger Mike Linville at [email protected] or (706) 645-2937. (Corps of Engineers-Sponsored Event) National Public Lands Day is the nation’s largest single-day volunteer event for public lands.
- Saturday, October 7th, 8:00-10:00 a.m., Hillside Neighborhood, Health Department parking lot, 900 Dallis Street (Community Partner DASH – donuts and coffee served)
- Saturday, November 4th, 8:00-10:00 a.m. Berta Weathersbee Elementary School, 1200 Forrest Avenue
- Saturday, December 2nd, 8:00-10:00 a.m. St. Mark’s Episcopal Church parking lot, 207 North Greenwood Street. (Community Partner St. Mark’s Episcopal Church)
- Saturday, January 13th, 8:00-10:00 a.m. Jones Street Park, 131 Jones Street. (Community Partner Bell Line Community)
- Saturday, February 3rd, 8:00-10:00 a.m. LaGrange Fire Department Headquarters, 115 Hill Street
- Saturday, March 2nd, 8:00-10:00 a.m., Piggly Wiggly parking lot, 505 South Greenwood Street.
- Friday, April 19th, CITY-WIDE CLEANUP 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. City employees will pick up litter throughout the community.
To participate in these events simply show up. All supplies will be provided.
Any organization wanting to partner with the City of LaGrange on any of these events please contact Parks Director Michael Coniglio at [email protected].
All events are free and open to the public.
Media Contact: Michael Coniglio, City of LaGrange Parks Director, [email protected].
To keep up with the latest news involving the City of LaGrange, go to www.lagrangega.org or follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/lagrangegagov, Twitter at @lagrangegagov, & Instagram at instagram.com/cityoflagrangega.